Monday, July 20, 2009

About Me - Tribute Side 1

In a previous post, I mentioned that my scrapbook groups are devoting this year to scrapbooking all about themselves. It's been so cool to watch them get excited about actually doing some scrapbooking for themselves! So far we've completed 6 layouts...you'll see them pop up here from time to time, some with photographs and some without. Either way I hope you'll be inspired by the stories from some of my gals and the creative layouts we are making.

This is one page from the Tribute layout. I chose to create a Tribute page so that each of us could remember someone special, either living or not. I left that choice up to each of my ladies. One of my gals completed her layout featuring her 92 year old aunt who is still living. Her journaling included a letter to her Aunt Fern. In the letter (as journaling) she told her Aunt how much she loved to share stories over a cup of coffee. She expressed how much she treasures the values and beliefs her Aunt is passing on to her. I can't think of a more fitting tribute than to write a letter that doubles as journaling and to show appreciation for the legacy her Aunt is leaving.


I've chosen my Tribute page to be about my grandparents. Although they are no longer living, their legacy lives on in my life on a daily basis. This layout will be a celebration of them and their lives! I hope you like it and use it as inspiration for creating your own Tribute layout. I'll have the second page soon.

The Close To My Heart products I've used include Bella Paper Pack (#X7114B ), Endless Friendship (#D1354), Homestead Alphabet (#E1007). The colors in cardstock and ink are Hollyhock, Olive, and Colonial White.

Until next time ~

No comments:

Post a Comment