Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What To Give? The Gift of Time, of course!

Our cute little elementary age neighborhood kids have absolutely everything imaginable. Not that that's a bad thing...okay, truthfully, it's bad when you're trying to throw a creative curve to their flock of funness! Up and down the isles of Kmart, Walmart, Target, Dwaynes, you name it...even the craft store! Nuthin' really caught my eye.

So, ya know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna give them each the gift of my time. Little coupons good for a trip to McDonalds for a free ice cream cone or happy meal followed by a trip to the park to feed the ducks are the gifts of my choice this year. Additional gift cards to bake cookies with me and another to eat a special dinner with our family. I don't know but my guess is that they'll remember time spent with someone special much longer than a little toy that broke within a week of Christmas.

How about you? Do you have children to buy for who seem to have everything and you're stumped for a clever gift? Try time. I think it's a refreshing concept and one that will cause a lot of excitement! How cool is it? You don't have to go buy it, you can't return it, the recipient can use it any time, and there's no expiration date. Gotta love it!

Give it some thought then share how you might be able to give the gift of time this year!

Til nex time~
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift idea. Thanks for the inspiration, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete